Justin Skycak (pr: Sky-zack) LinkedIn Instagram
I develop algorithms that combine mathematical theory with domain-expert intuition. I also write a lot of expository content in math. Currently, I'm developing the algorithms that form the brain of Math Academy's fully automated and personalized online learning system.
Background: I've applied math in many contexts including working as a data scientist, modeling biological neural networks, and improving particle detectors. I also tutored & taught math for a decade, culminating in (currently) developing and teaching one of the most advanced high school applied math/CS sequences in the country.
- Writing. I write textbooks for fun as a way to consolidate and clarify my quantitative intuition.
- Music. I played viola in school and taught myself guitar while growing up. During college I spent some time tinkering with music production. I don't create music anymore, but I still spend a lot of time listening to and thinking about music. Current favorite song: Vinmeen.
- Calisthenics. Dips, pullups, planche, iron cross, pistol jump squats.
- "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weight."
- “There's a tremendous power in using the least amount of information to get a point across.”