- Model/Algorithm Developer @ Math Academy (2018-present)
- Data Scientist @ Aunalytics (2016-18)
- Instructor - Computation & Modeling, Machine Learning @ Math Academy (2020-present)
- Freelance Math Educator / Content Developer for a variety of organizations (2018-21)
- Math Instructor @ Mathnasium (2013-18)
- Theoretical Neuroscience @ Vural Lab, iCeNSA, University of Notre Dame (2014-16)
- Computational Neuroscience / Deep Learning @ Synthetic Cognition Group (affiliated with Los Alamos National Lab), New Mexico Consortium (Summer 2014)
- Experimental Particle Physics @ QuarkNet (affiliated with CERN), University of Notre Dame (2013-14)
- Experimental Particle Physics @ Levine Lab (affiliated with Fermilab), IU South Bend (2012-13)
MS, Computer Science (Machine Learning track) - Georgia Institute of Technology, 2020
- While simultaneously working 60+ hrs/week.
BS, Mathematics - University of Notre Dame, 2018
- Full-ride Lilly scholarship; Glynn Honors Program.
- Simultaneously worked 60h/week during junior/senior years.
I write textbooks for fun as a way to consolidate and clarify my quantitative intuition. In particular, I wrote a textbook series that covers the foundations of high school and college math: Algebra, Calculus, and Linear Algebra (with Differential Equations baked into the latter two). The goal was to provide deep intuition for the core concepts and connections, along with plenty of practice exercises, while remaining as concise as possible.
- Justin Math: Linear Algebra (2019). print, pdf, digital
- Justin Math: Calculus (2019). print, pdf, digital
- Justin Math: Algebra (2018). print, pdf, digital
- The Ultimate High School Computer Science Sequence: 9 Months In (2020). blog post
- CheckMySteps: A Web App to Help Students Fix their Algebraic Mistakes, Georgia Tech CS6460 Final Project (2019). writeup, talk
- Shaping STDP Neural Networks with Periodic Stimulation: a Theoretical Analysis for the Case of Tree Networks (2016). writeup
- On the Effectiveness of Social Distancing Advice During Epidemics, Notre Dame EE67045 Final Project (2016). writeup
- Network Motif-Inspired Evolution of Hodgkin-Huxley Neuronal Networks with Spike-Timing Dependent Plasticity, Notre Dame College of Science Joint Annual Meeting (2015). slides
- Numerical Investigation of the 3n+1 Problem and its Continuous Extension, Scientia Journal of Undergraduate Research (2015). article
- Optimizing Scintillation and Light Transmission for Use in a High-Energy Particle Detector, Northern Indiana Regional Science Fair (2014). poster
- Designing a Matching Layer for Acoustic Sensors for the COUPP Dark Matter Detector, Intel International Science & Engineering Fair (2013). poster
- But WHERE do the Taylor Series and Lagrange Error Bound even come from?! (2019). blog post
- Trick to Apply the Chain Rule FAST - Peeling the Onion (2019). blog post
- Intuiting Predictive Algorithms (2018). writeup
- The Data Scientist's Guide to Topological Data Analysis, Notre Dame Honors Senior Thesis (2017). thesis, slides
- Topological Data Analysis: Theory, Practice, Software, and Potential, Aunalytics Lunch Lectures (2016). slides
- The Brain in One Sentence (2015). writeup
- The Physics Behind an Egg Drop: A Lively Story (2014). writeup
Math Academy - Eurisko Sequence
I'm developing and teaching one of the most advanced high school applied math/CS sequences in the world, Math Academy's Eurisko sequence.
- Machine Learning, 2022-23 (future), 2021-22, 2020-21.
- Computation & Modeling, 2022-23 (future), 2021-22, 2020-21, summer 2020.
- *AP Calculus BC, 2022-23 (future), 2021-22, 2020-21.
- *Integrated Math I/II, 2022-23 (future), 2021-22, 2020-21.
- Research and Presentation in Mathematics, summer 2019. course page
- Mathematical Problem Solving, summer 2019. course page
- Drawing Mathematics with Desmos, summer 2019. course page
- Linear Algebra / Multivariable Calculus, substitute, April 2019.
- AP Calculus AB, Pilgrim School, 2019-20. syllabus
- Physics, Pilgrim School, 2019-20. syllabus
- Aerospace Engineering, Pilgrim School, fall 2019. launches
- Principles of Engineering, Pilgrim School, fall 2019.
- Math Field Day Coaching (4th Grade), McKinley School, spring 2019.
- SAT Math, FLEX College Prep, spring 2019, spring/summer/fall 2018.
- ACT Math, FLEX College Prep, spring/summer/fall 2018.
- ACT Science, FLEX College Prep, spring/summer/fall 2018.
- Math Circle, HBar Tutoring, 2018 Spring. course page
- Mathnasium Test Prep (SAT/ACT), Mar 2013 - Dec 2017 (continuous enrollment).
- Mathnasium Core Curriculum, Mar 2013 - Dec 2017 (continuous enrollment).
- Gymnastic Rings (2013-15, 2021-present)
- Music Production (2014-16)
- Weightlifting/Bodybuilding (2009-12)
- Hockey (?-2012)